Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Some Water For A Thirsty Soul

Proverbs 11:25 says that, "He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed."

The Lord brought to mind this verse the other day when I was reading a similar verse in Isaiah. My soul and spirit had been feeling so dry and tired and I was asking the Lord to make me like one of those trees he talks about who are planted by the life giving water that are always bearing fruit.

I realized that the Lord was showing me that I needed to do something to receive what I was asking for. Somehow this principle works! I decided to call one of my friends right away to see if she needed a break from her 6 kids. Turns out she was feeling really sick that day, so I went to her house to be an encouragement.

It's amazing how I began the day feeling like a dried up well and went home feeling the life come back into me, just because I decided to give the little I had to someone else.

Hope that encourages you if you're reading this and are in need of a little refreshing yourself!

2 comments:

Ann Dunagan said...

What a beautiful encouragement, Virginia! As we "sow" even in famine time, God keeps us watered and refreshed.

I also really appreciate how you shared how the Lord showed you to take action, and put "feet" to your faith. To get a different outcome, we've got to have a different input. And that's what you did.

Hope your December is blessed and full of the Lord's joy. Merry Christmas to you and Brent and Josiah!

In His Love,
Ann

joshandkarlee said...

That's some good stuff Virgina! So simple, yet so profound. I'm excited to see you soon! Also, I really like your holiday blog background.